Insurance Claims Start Here
Each home and project is different, but the first step always remains the same. Contact The Pinnacle Group for a free, no-obligation home inspection and a quote on your restoration project.
Expert Coordination to Expedite Your Claim
At The Pinnacle Group, our system is a well-oiled machine and is what is ultimately responsible for our success. Coordinating a renovation or restoration project is much like directing a symphony. There are many moving parts and you must make sure all movements occur in the right place at the right time. Coordination is critical. This is how we are able to get our customers back in their homes and businesses in an extremely short amount of time. We continue to improve upon the process in several ways through our ongoing pursuit of perfection.
If you have experienced a property loss due to extreme weather or fire, we work closely with your insurance company to ensure the restoration project is completed to your satisfaction. We understand the insurance world and strive to get your property back to normal in as little time as possible. We currently work with more than 30 insurance companies that participate in a direct repair program. Of course, you can also make a request for your insurance company to have The Pinnacle Group be involved in your project.
Insurance Claims Steps & FAQ
Our niche market is the insurance restoration industry, which is different than regular contracting and can be a tad confusing to customers – especially when it comes to the different types of damages and services covered under a policy.
We have decades of experience in looking over insurance estimates and handling claims. It is our belief that while an estimate or an insurance company should not be nickeled and dimed, it should cover all of the items necessary to repair the damage, and not with the cheapest materials. It’s our strength to make sure that your claim is not only covered, but that the amount that is paid is a fair amount.
Insurance Deductibles & Estimates
- The deductible is the homeowner’s portion of the cost to replace a damaged item. Think of when you go to the doctor and you pay your “copay.” That payment is your portion of the bill owed to the doctor or pharmacist. The same is for property claims. The deductible is subtracted from the total payout, as it is the homeowner’s responsibility.
- We do not create the estimate for the damages, rather that is something that is prepared by the insurance adjuster using his software and pricing structure. All we can do is point out any additional items that are missing from the estimate or code items that need to be included. Therefore, we cannot build your deductible into the estimate.
- Whenever an insurance company pays a claim, that claim is paid out either as a Replacement Cost Value Policy or an Actual Cash Value Policy. The differences between the two are the actual cost to replace an item and bring it back to its original condition and the cash value of the item at its current day value before it was damaged. The difference between the two payments is called depreciation. On an Actual Cash Value policy, the depreciation is the age of the item or the amount of use that it has provided subtracted from the replacement cost. On a replacement cost policy, the depreciation is recoverable or paid out once the work has been completed.
Work Authorization for The Pinnacle Group
- In order to start your restoration project, you must sign the proper Work Authorization form. This allows us to begin work immediately. If Emergency Services are required, a separate authorization must be signed.
- It is important to understand that you are ultimately financially responsible for our services based upon your insurance coverage. Your financial liability may be limited to your policy deductible, but if additional work is requested, you are responsible for that entire dollar amount.
- The only person that can enter into any agreement for your home is you, the homeowner. You have a contract with the Insurance company (your policy) which stipulates the coverage that applies to your loss. Your policy usually directs your carrier to make payments to you, the homeowner. We work for you, not the insurance company. Our work authorization contract gives The Pinnacle Group your permission to proceed with repairs as indicated in your claim. We act in your best interest to agree upon the scope of work that will restore your property to its original condition.
Pre-Existing Conditions & Addendum Work
- During the course of restoration, we may come across pre-existing damage. In some cases, these items may be repaired or replaced as part of the covered loss.
- In other cases, additional work may be required and an addendum form will be completed detailing the scope of the additional work involved, along with the necessary time and cost associated with this work. Occasionally, upgrades may need to be added to bring the structure up to current building codes.
Our Insurance & Partnership Services
- The Pinnacle Group is properly insured with that appropriate amount of liability and workers’ compensation insurance. A copy of our insurance documents will be furnished upon request.
Available at TPG is a partnership with licensed claims specialists who are legally allowed to interpret and negotiate claims on behalf of our clients. Our partner is Max Claims Solutions. This is important because the insurance company will send out a professional adjuster to represent their interests. Doesn’t it make sense that a specialist is available to go over your paperwork and estimates, to represent your interests?
Fix That Leaking Roof With Insurance Claim Services
Contact us at (804) 368-8798 or with our easy online form so we can begin the conversation about your roof or restoration needs. A leaking roof can easily worsen into bigger problems, so don’t delay – touch base with The Pinnacle Group today!